Booked a tour to Peru/Machu Picchu with Gotmyfare in Alhambra CA in October, tour to depart April 20th, 2011. Received no acknowledgement of credit card payment for tour and additional cost for hotel/train upgrades. Contacted Juan Rivera on April 1st, was told info/vouchers would be sent out two weeks in advance of departure. Two weeks came and went and nothing from Gotmyfare, which started a series of unanswered phone messages and e-mails.
Internet reviews of this organization are pretty discouraging as to the reliability of this travel organization. Don't understand why Better Business Bureau rates them at an A-!!!
Apparently Gotmyfare has now closed its doors, leaving me, my cousin and I'm sure many others without a trip and without their money. Guess the name Gotmyfare should have been a clue as they "got my fare" and I got nothing in return.
More Review Details
- Review category
- Travel Agencies
- Review rating
- 1 out of 5
You May Also Like
- "This was our first all inclusive, adults only vacation and our travel agent suggested Punta Cana and Secrets. WOW! Such pampering...EXCELLENTE! The grounds, our room and the food and entertainment..."
- "While vacationing in Cabo San Lucas, my wife and I became involved in a Timeshare purchase that ended up being a complete scam with regards to promises made, both verbally,..."
- "The attached video is from a ABC affiliate investigative report on the Sundance office in Indianapolis, Indiana. (They call themselves Smartravel, but it's the same company as Sundance, with the..."
- "We painted out deck last July and the paint is already pealing off, it was expensive I bought 5 gallons of paint and this is what I get? And..."
- "I have read many negative reviews regarding Big 3 Performance and nowhere did I see that they were sued, let alone paid back, for any of these large sums of..."
- "I have been waiting for a package all week. I work full time and I go to school full-time. I get one weekend off every two months. I ordered headlights..."
- "I was worried about my money. As dhgate says false tracking number suspected. dhgate representative was very nice.And assure me that my money is complete safe with dhgate secure bank..."
- "I bought an iphone that the seller can't give me the appleID of the previous owner. I told offerUp about this and they told me to file a complaint to..."
- "Had a pr of Abyss boots that I had stored for later use. The third time I put them on they start to disintegrate. Upper was peeling and falling..."