Booked a tour to Peru/Machu Picchu with Gotmyfare in Alhambra CA in October, tour to depart April 20th, 2011. Received no acknowledgement of credit card payment for tour and additional cost for hotel/train upgrades. Contacted Juan Rivera on April 1st, was told info/vouchers would be sent out two weeks in advance of departure. Two weeks came and went and nothing from Gotmyfare, which started a series of unanswered phone messages and e-mails.

Internet reviews of this organization are pretty discouraging as to the reliability of this travel organization. Don't understand why Better Business Bureau rates them at an A-!!!

Apparently Gotmyfare has now closed its doors, leaving me, my cousin and I'm sure many others without a trip and without their money. Guess the name Gotmyfare should have been a clue as they "got my fare" and I got nothing in return.

Had an Experience with GotMyFare?

Comments

Wow...was very surprised to read this.

I used Got My Fare agency for my trip to Argentina/Brazil 4 years ago and then to Galapagos/Peru 2 years ago.... both were GREAT. Always had quick responses no problems with upgrades or local tours.

Very disappointing to hear that they closed and even more disappointing that they did it in such a bad matter.BTW, if you used AMEX for your trips, they are very good in returning money to your account and then will handle all disputes on their own..

The BBB gives ratings based on how much you pay them is why they can have an A- rating! Don't believe anything from the BBB, I believe 20/20 did an expose on them.

GOT MY FARE and his owner (MARVIN ESPINOZA) have defrauded many persons, not only to the users, but also to the hotels and agencies of Peru, Brazil and Argentina.They have not paid the services to them and have found out like we of horrifying this one it defrauds.

For which I have lost my trip.

Otherwise, you will be on a list of creditors in their bankruptcy filing in court and probably may be awarded some few cents on the dollar if they have any assets left at all. A lawyer who gives free consults may be able to help you clarify what your options are (specific steps) for making a claim in court against the bankrupt company itself.

As for your trip, if you still can afford to go on "new" money, make fresh arrangements.Those you paid for are not valid any more.

GOT MY FAR and his owner (MARVIN ESPINOZA) have defrauded many persons, not only to the users, but also to the hotels and agencies of Peru, Brazil and Argentina.They have not paid the services to them and have found out like we of horrifying this one it defrauds.

For which I have lost my trip.

contact your credit card company if you paid by that method. If you bought travel insurance, contact that company. Eventually, you might be reimbursed. Otherwise, you will be on a list of creditors in their bankruptcy filing in court and probably may be awarded some few cents on the dollar if they have any assets left at all.